Now I need to guts to decide what else to do, that will meet my current and future needs.
I did have a moment though, and the photo above is one I took that day. I looked after my friends' two kids for three days. On the third day, I was joined by their godparents so could relax a bit on the childcare front. We went to Sheffield Park and I had a moment of peace where I could reflect, could stand and stare, could stop thinking and just be, surrounded by beautiful colours.
I need moments like this.
I am also using my counselling to reflect on where I am going in my life. No answers yet! I have such a long way to go. I am reminded of this poem by Robert Frost:
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
"I want to ask you, as clearly as I can, to bear with patience all
that is unresolved in your heart, and try to love the questions
themselves, as if they were rooms yet to enter or books written in a
foreign language. Don't dig for answers that can't be given you yet: you
live them now. For everything must be lived. Live the questions now,
perhaps then, someday, you will gradually, without noticing, live into
the answer."
~Rainer Maria Rilke
I need quotes like this, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment